My young daughter Athena was pulling at her ear, uncomfortable, and crying in pain. It is so sad to see her upset, especially because she can’t communicate in words but it was pretty clear she had an earache. So I decided to whip us this garlic infused olive oil treatment that my mom used to use on me when I was a kid. I made this earache remedy up and applied it into Athena’s ear anal at night time, she was back to her usual calm zen-ness by morning. WORKS EVERY TIME!
Garlic is a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibiotic–amazing!
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or sesame seed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Peel fresh garlic cloves and crush them using the bottom of the glass or garlic press, then mince them.
- Warm up over low heat for about 4-5 minutes, be careful to not burn the garlic..
- Strain the garlic infused oil with a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour and strain the mixed oils into a small glass container.
- Tilt ear canal at 180 degree and apply a couple of drops with a medicine dropper into inflamed ear. Apply oil into ear canal slightly warm to help loosen up wax.
- Allow the head to remain still for 10 minute or so to allow oil to penetrate ear canal and then seal the ear with a cotton ball.
- Store in fridge, apply 2-3 drops in ear twice a day as necessary.
- Don’t use on broken eardrum.
- If you or your child is experiencing severe ear pain, contact your health professional.
- Last 2-3 days. Warm before use. This is only good for a few days in refrigerator, as bacteria can start to grow in the garlic infused oil.
- If ear pain gets worse, see a doctor.