My young daughter Athena was pulling at her ear, uncomfortable, crying in pain. It is so sad to see her upset, especially because she can’t communicate in words but it was pretty clear she had an earache. So I decided to whip us this garlic infused olive oil treatment that my mom used to use on me when I was a kid because it works and it is harmless.
I made this earache remedy up and applied it into Athena’s ear anal at night time, by the next morning she was back to her usual calm zen self. This WORKS EVERY TIME!
Garlic & Olive Oil Benefits-
Garlic is a natural and potent anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-fungal and antibiotic–amazing! And unlike other antibiotics, bacteria does not develop a resistance to it like other natural antibiotics 
Olive oil warmed up works to naturally coat and soothe the ear canal while reducing inflammation.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or sesame seed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Peel fresh garlic cloves and crush them using the bottom of the glass or garlic press, then mince them.
- Warm up over low heat for about 2-3 minutes, you don’t want to over-cook it.
- Strain the garlic infused oil with a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour and strain the oil into a small glass container.
- Tilt ear canal at 180 degree and apply a couple of drops of slightly warm oil with a medicine dropper into inflamed ear. Make sure oil isn’t too hot.
- Allow the head to remain still for 10 minute or so to allow oil to penetrate ear canal and then seal the ear with a cotton ball.
- Store in fridge, apply 2-3 drops of warm garlic oil into inflamed ear twice a day as necessary.
- Don’t use on broken eardrum.
- If you or your child is experiencing severe ear pain, contact your health professional.
- Garlic infused oil lasts for 2-3 days in fridge. Warm before use for 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- If ear pain gets worse, see a doctor.